[Emacspeak] Re: Detecting where emacspeak is installed [Was Re: Problem with emacspeak on mac after upgrading to macOS 13.3]

On Apr 19, 2023, at 20:24, Tim Makarios via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> wrote:

> I'm not a Mac user, but on Linux I would run `which emacspeak` (or
> possibly `command -v emacspeak`) to find out the path of whatever is
> going to be run when I enter just `emacspeak`.  I'm not sure if this
> would provide enough information for you or not.

I have yet to try Emacspeak on Linux. One thing at at a time! That said, I don't have an emacspeak binary (or shell script), I just run emacs with a customized init.el.  I installed my emacspeak under my emacs.d directory (so like ~/emacs.d/emacspeak) but in thinking about my setup, I wonder if I could find the location of the users emacspeak directory by firing up emacs and using lisp to return the value of emacspeak-directory to my Makefile.

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton