[Emacspeak] Emacspeak Location

Once emacspeak is running you can:

1. check value of emacspeak-directory
   2. Check env-variable EMACSPEAK_DIR
      (getenv "EMACSPEAK_DIR") or printenv EMACSPEAK_DIR in a shell
      running inside emacs.

      And no, there is no emacspeak executable on Linux either, unless
      you're running some strangely ancient debian package that has
      created a shell script to run emacspeak.

Not sure what the use case for checking the above in a Makefile is --
Emacspeak is designed to run from where you unpacked it and this keeps
things simple; that also means that the Makefile can find out where the
emacspeak location is all by itself; so launching emacs to check the
value of a variable is just recursively confusing.

--

Thanks,

♈ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮