Re: [Emacspeak] TTS Server Implementation Questions

So, this can legitimately be a little confusing, I remember being very
confused when I first got started with emacspeak.

Emacspeak can be thought of as a set of three major components.

1. The emacspeak elisp code, the core.
2. The emacspeak servers, written in a bunch of languages and toolkits, they
   act as bridges to the TTS engines. They communicate using the emacspeak
   server protocol, which is what we have been discussing here.
3. The emacspeak build system, this does things like build loaddefs, builds
   the .el files into .elc files and has assorted scripts for maintaining
   the docs, the info, generating pdfs, tons of great stuff.

So, what I have done with SharpWin and swiftmac is added new options to
part 2 above, I added new native servers to the list of possible servers.
between emacspeak and the native mac and windows tts systems. On Windows
the debate is ongoing on the best way to do the build.

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx