Re: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac 2: pre-PR request for testers

Swiftmac 2.1 with notifications mode is pushed. Run it with -n and it will
only play output to the left side.

Remaining tasks to get Swiftmac 2 merged into mainline is building out
the supporting lisp stuff, gotta fire up two instances now, need to add in
its own configuration options and settings and defaults as they no longer
are in anyway compatible with the python mac server.

I have all but given up on getting beepcaps support working, you can have
beepcaps when typing, but during TTS playback, there is no hook for me
to play a tone at the right time. My options are breaking down the thing to
be played at every uppercase and doing hand managing of the speaking
queue, which causes annoying latency when it is at a word level, really
noticeable with split caps and editing code with a lot fo camel case. So
rather than shipping something I hate using, going to leave it out.

On dectalk, it will compile rather easily on MacOS, but then actually
using it has all sorts of problems. I think this is tractable and worth
continuing to work on, but will require non-trivial amounts of effort.
So for now to understand intended behavior I am just going to install
a linux VM (AccessibleCoconut, unless people have specific
distro recommendations) and try it that way.

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx