Re: [Emacspeak] Is there a way to make dtk-caps and dtk-punctuation-mode settings stick?

Hi Victor,
These variables are defined as local variables, meaning that if you're setting them with setq, the default value (which is the value assigned to the variable when you open a new buffer) isn't set.
To change the default value in your init file, you'd need to use `setq-default'. The syntax is like `setq', but it works with local variables. You can look it up in the elisp info pages for the caveats.
Good luck!