Re: [Emacspeak] Detecting emacspeak directory

I think you grasp the issue.  Additionally, you are right that if I modified files that get moved except the binary (like a change to cloud-swiftmac for example) stuff could get ugly quick.

On the submodule / subtree, please no, the level of pain with submodules in my experience is not at all worth the functionality.

The real solution to keep the emacspeak repo relatively up to date and most people should just use it, and if you are using my swiftmac repo you are expected to be a developer or advanced userr.  I think we got to the right end point.  :)