[Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak head erroring out when running `make emacspeak'

I can confirm this with emacs 28.x

However, everything builds fine with current Emacs 29 branch.

I know that Emacs 29 has introduced some changes wrt defining key
bindings and I know that Raman likes to develop using the current
development version of emacs i.e. what will be the next release.

So, my guess would be that the current breakage is due to Raman
updating/experimenting with the new key binding methods and that means
the current HEAD of the git repository is temporarily specific to emacs
29.

Normal process would be that Raman will try out the new features and see
how they can benefit Emacspeak. If they are bveneficial, he will
update to incorporate the new feature and then, where necessary, add
code to maintain backwards compatibility with the current Emacs release
i.e. currently Emacs 28.3.

At this point, you have three options

1. Update to Emacs 29.0.91. Although not yet released, it is very
stable. I've been running it for months (I don't use native compilation
though).

2. Use git to revert back to whatever revision you were running before
attempting the update and wait for things to develop.

3. Downgrade to the last stable release. If your not going to run the
current development version of Emacs, I always think this is the best
and most reliable approach. The latest HEAD of the Emacspeak repository
is really targeted at the current development version of Emacs. If you
want to run from git HEAD, then you probably should also run emacs
devel. (Note that the Emacs git repo has a specific Emacs-29 branch
which will become the next Emacs release. The Emacs git HEAD is actually
for Emacs 30, which is a long way from release and the most unstable of
all.

Tim