[Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak on Windows?

On Mar 1, 2023, at 01:16, Bill Dengler via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> wrote:

> Curious, how are people running Emacspeak on Windows these days? Is anyone using WSLG/VAIL, or is it still sluggish to unusable and I should look into solutions? Is running a Mac or Linux VM still the best way to go

There are a few projects around Github for getting Emacspeak working on Windows, both with the built-in
voices and NVDA. As the server implementation is incredibly straightforward, I suspect most of the sort of
project slowdowns are when they hit elisp, not the native implementations.

I would say MacOS with modern m1/m2 and MacOS 12+ is a solid B+ right now.  Under most use cases
you will not have problems, under certain corner cases (spamming audio icons at very high speeds) you
can get in a bit of a garbled audio situation that requires rebooting coreaudio or the computer.

I am working on fixing the MacOS issues presently, and after I finish that I will likely undertake a very
similar push to make sure there is a well functioning NVDA version on Windows.

|Full archive May 1995 - present by Year|Mailing list's archive of current year by month|