[Emacspeak] Re: Issue with eldoc documentation not being read

Hi Isaac,

when you refer to lsp do you mean lsp-mode or eglot (the lsp client
which comes with emacs 29)?

Only reason I ask is I notice that recently some bugs relating to eglot
and eldoc were fixed. In particular, eglot was not honouring user eldco
configuration, which I suspect would break emacspeak integration with eldoc.

Details are in the emacs git log if interested.

HTH

Isaac Leonard via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:

> Recently I've been having some issues with eldoc information not being
> read when using lsp.
> If anyone else has had this issue heres the code I used to fix it:
> (defun emacspeak-speak-eldoc-custom (docs interactive)
>   "Speak eldoc."
>   (cl-declare (special eldoc--doc-buffer-docs eldoc--doc-buffer))
>   (when (and eldoc--doc-buffer (buffer-live-p eldoc--doc-buffer))
>     (with-current-buffer eldoc--doc-buffer
>       (unless (equal docs eldoc--doc-buffer-docs)
>         (emacspeak-auditory-icon 'doc))
>       (dtk-speak (buffer-string)) )))
>
> (setq eldoc-display-functions '(eldoc-display-in-buffer emacspeak-speak-eldoc-custom ))
>

> Note that this is not full proof and can read things when you might not
> want to and it doesn't fix the actual problem but it should work good enough.

|Full archive May 1995 - present by Year|Mailing list's archive of current year by month|