[Emacspeak] Re: Outloud/Voxin And Pulseaudio

Hi John,

aren't you on macOS? If so, none of the voxin stuff is of us to you at
all - it is Linux specific.

Note also that voxin works with emacspeak and has done for many years.
What doesn't work (yet) is Emacspeak support for the vocalizer voices,
which are just one set of voices voxin has (it also includes the
ViaVoice Outloud synthesizer, which is what I use).

Finally, if I have it wrong and you are using Linux, then be aware there
is another 'issue' looming for voxin, the move to pipewire. Some
distributions, like fedora, have already switched to pipewire by
default. So far, my attempts to get viavoice to work with pipewire have
failed (I suspect it is a permission issue or it could just be my
unfamiliarity with fedora and dnf).