[Emacspeak] Fwd: Re: Outloud/Voxin And Pulseaudio

Hello Gilles,

I am running Debian Testing.

I ran the script and it did not work for me.

So far I have found these problems.

The script did not produce a /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/voxin.conf file.

My speech-dispatcher is:
speech-dispatcher -v
speech-dispatcher 0.11.1

The newest version line for /opt/oralux/voxin/share/speech-dispatcher is:
/opt/oralux/voxin/share/speech-dispatcher/0.10.1/voxin.conf

So using root I copied that file to:
/opt/oralux/voxin/share/speech-dispatcher/0.11.1/voxin.conf

/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/voxin.conf  is a link the destination does not exist:
/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/voxin.conf -> /opt/oralux/voxin/share/speech-dispatcher/voxin.conf

ls /opt/oralux/voxin/share/speech-dispatcher/voxin.conf
ls: cannot access '/opt/oralux/voxin/share/speech-dispatcher/voxin.conf': No such file or directory

So I copied the voxin.conf I just made to that location:
cp /opt/oralux/voxin/share/speech-dispatcher/0.11.1/voxin.conf /opt/oralux/voxin/share/speech-dispatcher/voxin.conf

When I run emacs, I get this error.

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading â??/home/djringjr/.emacsâ??:

Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

I try to use the uninstaller but it doesn't seem to work.

~/voxin/emacspeak_voxin_install-56.0$ ./install.sh -c
Checking eSpeak : yes
Checking Voxin >= 2.0 : no
Checking Speech-Dispatcher: yes
Warning: dtk_program is set to outloud. Please review file: /home/djringjr/.emacs

I think one of the problems is that I might have had emacs already installed and the script didn't check to see if it was installed.

I uninstalled emacs using apt-get --purge.

But emacs is still installed - probably because I ran the script.

emacs --version

emacs --version
GNU Emacs 27.1

But without the installer from the emacspeak script working, I don't want to go further without asking.

If I run ./install.sh -c

~/voxin/emacspeak_voxin_install-56.0$ ./install.sh -c
Checking eSpeak : yes
Checking Voxin >= 2.0 : no
Checking Speech-Dispatcher: yes
Warning: dtk_program is set to outloud. Please review file: /home/djringjr/.emacs

But emacs still runs.

Regards,
David