[Emacspeak] Emacspeak error in evil-mode

Hi Raman,

This is an odd one which I only just noticed. Not sure exactly when this
started.

When moving around by character in evil-mode, the character under point
is spoken multiple times - usually 4 or 3 times. Other movement does not seem to be affected.
Character echo when typing is not affected. Only occurs when in either
normal mode or visual mode and only when moving by character i.e. h or l
or using the arrow keys. Moving by words, sentences, etc does not seem
to be affected.

Ive confirmed this in a vanilla emacs with only emacspeak and evil-mode
loaded.

This is with current Emacs 28.0.50 built today and emacspeak also built
from today. Evil mode loaded from nongnu elpa using package.el.

I suspect this is from a recent change. Anything you can think of which
might have changed recently in this area to help me narrow down the
search?