[Emacspeak] Re: a couple of possibly basic questions about emacspeak on the mac

John Covici <covici(a)ccs.covici.com> writes:

> On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 01:59:37 -0400,
> Tim Cross wrote:
>>

>> John Covici <covici(a)ccs.covici.com> writes:

>> > Thanks for your quick response.
>> >
>> > So, I did install homebrew and installed the casc, where is the option
>> > to silence vo?
>> >

>> I don't have my mac book with me right now, but from memory, you have to
>> set the variable mac-ignore-accessibility to t in your emacs init file.
> Thanks, that worked, but I saw another error which I would like to
> correct:
>
> Warning (comp): /Users/covici/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-preamble.el:
> Error: Symbol's value as variable is void emacspeak-sounds-directory

How did you install emacspeak?

I don't see that error.

Note that warnings are just warnings and you will sometimes see those.
Errors are of course errors and you should not see them. I don't see
this error building from head of current repository.

It is VERY critical that if you are building form git, after doing a git
pull, you must first do make clean and then make. Forgetting to do make
clean can result in an inconsistent result.