[Emacspeak] Re: Mathimatics mode / specific configurations for different environments

Read the documentation for module emacspeak-maths and   the
maths-navigator defined in emacspeak-muggles if  you wish to use module
emacspeak-maths and the SRE.

String substitution via pronunciation dictionaries to read math will not
scale or work --- for the record,, before I wrote AsTeR, I actually
built  a sed script that tried to do something similar, see the paper
TeXTalk from October 1990 -- published in the TeX Users Group
Newsletter.
Ram91: T. V. Raman. TeXTALK . TUGboat, 12:178, March 1991.
The follow-up was AsTeR whose initial design is described in
https://tug.org/TUGboat/tb13-3/raman.pdf
with some background on why string substitution wont scale.