[Emacspeak] Re: Latest espeak-ng from master is silent with emacspeak, but works with speech-dispatcher

Narendra Joshi via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:

> "T.V Raman via Emacspeak" <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:
>
>> Build the espeak speech-server for emacspeak,
>> then run it from shell and see what happens.
>
> I am experiencing the same problem. I have build the espeak server from
> the emacspeak sources. When I test the server with:
>
> ./servers/espeak
> % q {Sample input text}
>
> I get no audio output.  There is no errors either. What should I try next?

Note that you have to also tell the server to speak the text. When you
do

% q {Sample input text}

you have put the text into the queue to be spoken, but you have not told
it to actually speak the text. to do that, you have to follow that
command with 'd' e.g.

% q {Sample input text}
% d