Emacs not starting because of dependency on tts-default-voice in erc-mode?

Hi,
I'm encountering something strange. My Emacs won't start with the following message after upgrading to the new Emacspeak:

/usr/local/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/erc/erc.elc:Error: Symbol’s value as variable is void: tts-default-voice

I've gotten around the issue for now by adding `(defvar tts-default-voice nil)' to my early init file. However, changing to the mentioned directory and running `grep -inIEr 'tts-default-voice' ./' didn't yield any results.

I'm submitting this here so that someone who is more experienced can either submit a patch to erc, or see if i'm actually understanding this error message wrong and there's nothing wrong with erc-mode?

Thanks,

Parham

|All Past Years |Current Year|