Installing Emacspeak

If I use the command git clone https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak.git I didn't get an emacspeak that worked.

If I download https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak/archive/master.zip into my ~/Downloads folder, and unzip it, and then make and make install it,  I get a working emacs if I put (load-file "/home/djringjr/Downloads/emacspeak-master/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el") as directed in my ~/.emacs file.

The problem with this is if I clean out my ~/Downloads folder, I wipe out my emacspeak.

Should I or could I go to /var and then get the git clone or use the master.zip and unzip it?

Then I should get /var/emacspeak-master and it would be a better way.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

David

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|