Unicode UTF-8 character

I just want to check on what is the canonical correct way to solve this issue as I'm sure it has come up for others.

I'm using emacspeak's epub functionality, which I really like and using eww to render the epub content. All is working vary nicely, except I've just found an issue with a whitespace unicode character. In one of the epub documents, emacspeak is speaking the full long name of a whitespace character. Looking at some of the variables, there seems to be a couple of places I could add this character to stop it from being spoken or translate what is spoken to something a little friendlier. Currently, emacspeak is speaking

ZERO LL KHAH NUMBER CIRCLED TRIANGLE PI FA EQUAL EN NOON ZA

for this character. I would prefer it to say wither whitespace or space when you move the cursor over it and I would like it to be included in the list of whitespace characters so that it is not spoken when speaking the line etc.

Do I just need to add this to the dtk-unicode-character-replacement-alist? Is there some other setting I need to use to make things work correctly (I do have preferred-coding-system set to 'utf-8). I'm runing emacs 25.1, ViaVoice and latest
emacspeak from github.

the output of describe character is below

             position: 1706 of 8335 (20%), column: 5
            character: ​ (displayed as ​) (codepoint 8203, #o20013, #x200b)
    preferred charset: unicode (Unicode (ISO10646))
code point in charset: 0x200B
               script: symbol
               syntax:   which means: whitespace
             to input: type "C-x 8 RET 200b" or "C-x 8 RET ZERO LL KHAH NUMBER CIRCLED TRIANGLE PI FA EQUAL EN NOON ZA"
          buffer code: #xE2 #x80 #x8B
            file code: #xE2 #x80 #x8B (encoded by coding system utf-8)
              display: by this font (glyph code)
    xft:-PfEd-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-22-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1 (#xAED)

Character code properties: customize what to show
  name: ZERO LL KHAH NUMBER CIRCLED TRIANGLE PI FA EQUAL EN NOON ZA
  general-category: Cf (Other, Format)
  decomposition: (8203) ('​')

There are text properties here:
  div                  eww-tag