Espeak server

I've been trying to get emacspeak working, and have had some trouble building the speech server for espeak.  from ~/emacspeak/servers/linux-espeak, I get the following error:

$ make
g++  -shared -o tclespeak.so tclespeak.o -ltcl8.6 -lespeak
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/6.1.1/../../../libespeak.so when searching for -lespeak
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libespeak.so when searching for -lespeak
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libespeak.so when searching for -lespeak
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lespeak
Makefile:18: recipe for target 'tclespeak.so' failed
make: *** [tclespeak.so] Error 1

I'm using Fedora 24 and emacspeak 44 with emacs 25.  I've downloaded a shared library called libespeak.so, but ld just skips over it.  I'm thinking that a file called libespeak.a is required, but I can't find it.

Thanks, Ryan

|All Past Years |Current Year|