[Emacspeak] Problem updating emacspeak on mac

Hello,
I am trying to update my version of emacspeak on my mac and I am running into an error. When I move into my emacspeak directory in the terminal and I type git pull, I get the following error:
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
	lisp/emacspeak-speak.el
Please commit your changes or stash them before you merge.
Aborting
Am I upgrading emacspeak the right way by doing a git pull from the directory or is there another way?

Thanks,
Greg Wocher