Re: [Emacspeak] Upgrading to Mac Sonoma?

Jeff, remarks below inline...

writes:

> Hey everybody,
>
> Has anyone run into problems with emacspeak after upgrading their Mac laptop to Sonoma? I need to upgrade my Mac from Monterey to Sonoma and a little scared. Should I be?

Probably not but of course YMMV.

I recently went from Ventura to Sonoma without issues.

In fact, the upgrade seemed to resolve some long-standing issues with
the Python speech server that would result in it gradually becoming
less responsive on  things like typing feedback latency (memory leaks?)

I tolerated it by simply restarting the speech server, sometimes several
times per day, whenever it became noticeably sluggish.

I do not recall having to update any brew packages as a result and I
believe the Mac developer CLI tools  that I do use required  one click
to update or reinstall.

Disclaimer: my emacspeak version is *not* up to date as of a couple
years ago probably.

Good luck!