[Emacspeak] loading emacspeak causes emacs itself to be non functional

Hi everyone. So, I think this started after upgrading to emacs 29.1.
What happens is that after emacspeak is loaded emacs does not work --
escape followed by x types x in the buffer.  c-x followed by b does
nothing at all.  Many other things don't seem to work as they should.

So, I started on the hunt.  I am using the railway casc out of
homebrew, but the same thing happens with the original emacs macport.
So, the first thing I did was from the terrminal typed
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-mac/emacs-29.1-mac-10.0/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacx
-q  to see if it was my settings.  Sure enough, emacs was functioning,
I knew this because vo read  some things and I could actually hear m-x
when I typed esc-x .  So, I then fooled around with my .emacs file and
sure enough, the load of emacspeak was the problem.  I was using
emacspeak from git and I went back to emacs 59, but no joy.  I am
stumped after that, so any suggestions as to how to debug further
would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

How do
you spend it?