Re: [Emacspeak] "Autospeak" spoken before every mode line – is this a bug?

Hi Raman,
I admit I’m pretty ignorant here, but here is what I’ve tried to fix this:
  • Setting `emacspeak-comint-autospeak’ to nil through customize: by the time Emacspeak gets loaded, this gets set to t in all buffers, regardless of whether they are comint buffers
  • Grepping my configuration: didn’t find this set anywhere
  • Using debug-watch: in my init file, I used debug-watch to see where it gets set (after the line that loads my customize variables). It refers me to line 221 of emacspeak-loaddefs.el, where this variable is defined with the value of t. Here is where I get confused, I’m not sure if this takes precedence over line 58 of emacspeak-coming.el, where the same variable is defined using defcustom
Hope this all makes sense. If I’m way off, do feel free to send me off to relevant resources to learn about how this stuff works internally.
Thanks!