Re: [Emacspeak] Swiftmac server now part of emacspeak and plan going forward

Just in case this is useful, but with the warning it may be out-of-date
as it has been a while since I used macOS.

When I was using the mac, I ran the mac port of emacs (note, I'm not
talking about the macports package stuff similar to homebrew, but a
specific version of Emacs which has been modified to create a closer
integration into the macOS ecosystem). The reason I did this was because
that version included a command to disable voiceOver in emacs buffers.

See https://github.com/railwaycat/homebrew-emacsmacport

The important point to note is that homebrew has more than one version
of emacs, reflecting the fact that there are at least two 'flavors' of
emacs for macOS. You have the stock standard emacs, which will build
fine once you specify the correct options to configure and then you have
the mac port version, which takes the emacs code base and updates it to
create a version which is more tightly coupled into the macOS
ecosystem. The limitation of the former is that it know nothing about
macOS specific features, such as voiceOver. The limitation of the latter
is that it can have bugs specific to the mac and which are difficult to
get traction on because of fewer resources availble to track down issues
in the port version. Personally, I had no problems with the railwaycat
port, which I ran for a number of years.