[Emacspeak] Re: Announcing Emacspeak 58.0 (ErgoDog)

You may want to:

1. Step back from the nitty-gritty of your server and study the code
   in the outloud and dtk servers.

   2. Put aside any negativ impressions of the Python Mac server that
      are likely more the result of Apple TTS API churn -- that Python
      server has been around a while and worked well over time modulo
      some of the incomplete bits like using Sox for some things; most
      of the recent problems are more likely du to the Python3
      transition and issues with how the Apple TTS engine is exposed
      to python3, ie not a python3 language issue.

      3. Study the Apple TTS API bindings swift, python etc to see
         what they make available, there may well be new things there
         that if correctly used will make the task easier.

         4. Finally return to building your server. Note that David
            Tseng contributed some patches recently to the Mac Python
            server that may also have fixed some of the issues
            introduced by later versions of the Mac OS-Level TTS
            layer.

            And finally, remember you're writing this for fun, if
            you've forgotten that, keep reminding yourself of that
            every day so you enjoy implementing it; so as an example,
            dont chase deadlines etc, your day job, whatever that is
            will give you plenty of that if you need that:)

           =20
--=20

Thanks,

=E2=99=89 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  =F0=9F=A6=AE

--

Thanks,

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮