[Emacspeak] Re: Announcing Emacspeak 58.0 (ErgoDog)

> On May 3, 2023, at 18:00, T.V Raman <raman(a)google.com> wrote:
>
> :-) and we can push the stock higher by incorporating the Mac server:-)
> My thought is that we pull it in as a git submodule once it's stable.

Soon, I have been using it as a daily driver since my ping to the list, has
three outstanding bugs I want to get to this weekend, then I will contribute
it next week.

1. The evil crashing bug in my tone generator is driving me batty, I can not
get a consistent reproducer... I guess I am going to have to go line by line
and try to use my brain, exhausting...
2. Chokes on large blocks of text cause I don't chunk it yet, easy to fix.
3. I handle "a" and "s" improperly, I stop all sounds on "s' and I treat "a"
    like "p" without queueing.
Bonus. Find out the exact minimal xcode install to do local builds.
Double Bonus. Get CI/CD pipeline automatically generating binaries on
    Github so users can use the fat binaries on x64 and arm64 without
    needing to install xcode at all.

After those are fixed, I think it is generally usable, no where near done to
the level I desire, but a solid daily driver. I really want the split notifications
and effects back working, and since both of those features require a
mighty addition of a lot of code, might delay it for a bit.

One upshot on my religious war agains the MacOS audio subsystem is
that I have learned a lot about all the ways it is stupid, and I can probably
double-back to fix the Python server once I  get this one in the hands of
the general mac users.

Submodule sounds good, or I am fine with contributing it and just doing
maintenance PRs on it from my own fork.

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton