[Emacspeak] Re: Mac server design question

> On Apr 24, 2023, at 21:47, T.V Raman <raman(a)google.com> wrote:
>
> Emacspeak always resets the voice at the beginning of every clause to
> ensure that the TTS engine is in a sane state -- that has worked well
> for 29 years and counting.

Awesome, so that confirms what I suspected was the reasoning. I am
not pushing back against the design, this is easily fixed in the server
components if it is a problem.

On MacOS it is extremely easy because there is a embed command
to do the exact same thing so the logic is simple, if a voice change
comes through without it being a different voice, I can simply send a
[[rset 0]] to reset the voice server. I do this in the swiftmac server
already as it is the recommended way to do it according to the doccs.

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton