[Emacspeak] Re: character scale not working under Ventura

I believe there's supposed to be a space before the 0.50. So it would be like:
(Dtk-set-character-scale 0.50)
Also, what Emacs are you using? You might be putting it in the wrong config file (apparently this is possible). For me, everyone kept saying to put stuff in .emacs.d/init.el, but that never did anything, but putting stuff in .emacs.el did work.