[Emacspeak] Emacspeak breaking delete-selection-mode

Hello,

I wanted to start using the delete-selection-mode minor mode, but when running emacspeak it does not work. I stripped down everything in my init.el file except the lines below. If I uncomment the last line, the emacspeak-setup.el, the delete-selection-mode stops working. Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks,

Jeff

(load-file "/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/28.1/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/delsel.el")

(delete-selection-mode t)

;; emacspeak settings
(setq load-path (cons "~/emacspeak/lisp" load-path))
(setq emacspeak-directory "~/emacspeak")
(setq dtk-program "mac")
(load-file "~/emacspeak/lisp/mac-voices.el")
;; (load-file "~/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el")

|Full archive May 1995 - present by Year|Mailing list's archive of current year by month|