[Emacspeak] Re: Plugin Recommendations Thread (2023 Edition)

I second org mode, if you're not already using it. I run my whole
life in it, and wrote my dissertation in org.

I am a fan of Gnus, it's a maximalist newsgroup reader that works
for email and RSS. It's not the easiest to set up, but it's pretty
powerful, and it's great to have email set up so that you can save
emails to TODOs in org mode. mu4e is the other big email client to
take a look at in Emacs.

Tramp is a great utility for connecting to servers and
manipulating files and folders with dired.

If you're relatively new to Emacs, I do recommend learning a
little Emacs Lis. It's not well publicized, but there's a great
built-in Emacs Lisp tutorial. You can get it with M-x info and
then look for elisp.

Best,
Patrick

"T.V Raman via Emacspeak" <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:

> For diff with version control:
>
> My favorite for a long time used to be ediff --but have
> transitioned to
> vdiff -- there is a magit-vdiff as well.
>
> Both ediff and vdiff work well with emacspeak.
>
> Also, learn to use magit-blame and its associated functionality.

|Full archive May 1995 - present by Year|Mailing list's archive of current year by month|