[Emacspeak] Re: Mac server python version requirements, go version and intro

Hi Robert,
I don’t think there’s any issue in upping the python version if it
makes things work better.
I’m not seeing sluggishness at this end. There are other issues, but
responsiveness seems quite good and I have also not seen the audio
issues your patch addresses.
 I am still running emacspeak 56 though with its corresponding Mac server.
Anyway, if you have anything you want tested I’m happy to give it a spin.
It’s been quite a few years since I’ve looked at the Mac server code.
But to try and answer your question the echo stuff was put in to use
socks to add extra voice effects. As with the Mac server there weren’t
many options. In terms of parameters you could tweak to get different
axis For oral stylesheets.

Still trying to work out why I can’t run the latest version of
emacspeak on the Mac but I’m sure I’ll get to the bottom of that.
Regards

Bart