[Emacspeak] Voxin speech issues

Hi all. I'm having a strange issue I've never had before, and I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I'm running Emacspeak from master, but this happens on version 57 as well. I use Voxin as my TTS engine, although I've compiled DecTalk, just not sure how to use it with Emacspeak. So, when I start Emacspeak, Voxin is speaking very quickly, much faster than the rate I have it set to, and the speech is distorted, with syllables missing. Even when I set the rate to 1, it is speaking quickly, and still with syllables missing, and sometimes it doesn't even speak things like "end of buffer" and such. I'm on a ChromeBook, Version 109.0.5414.41 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) using Emacspeak through the Crostini VM provided by  ChromeOS.
I've tried running the voxin speech server through the servers directory, but I found no errors. The speech did sound the same though. I don't think it's a Pulseaudio issue, as TDSR and Orca sound fine. I also tried voxin-say, but I heard nothing from that. That may be this issue. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Voxin, and see if that fixes anything. Besides that, does anyone have any ideas, or have experienced this before?

|Full archive May 1995 - present by Year|Mailing list's archive of current year by month|