[Emacspeak] Re: Changing espeak pitch, accent

Hi all,

Rob Hill nailed it. After installing libespeak-ng-dev from Ubuntu repositories I was able to compile the server. I then loaded the setup Lisp file and got version 56 running. The dtk-set-language function now works, which at least let me change the language to Victor, as per the example. I'm guessing the next step should be to play around with the included languages, or try to write a new language file. I'm not sure if that will cause problems with Voice Lock or not, and still not even sure if it's the pitch that's not sounding right to my ear with the default voice, but I'll play around.

I have more questions, but better to start new threads to help future searchers. It's too bad the archive for this list doesn't come up more readily on Google, but I guess the move was relatively recent.

Thanks for the help so far. I've been enjoying poking at the Lisp code a bit, I wrote a (much simpler and jankier) speech library for Emacs that got into MELPa a few years ago, and interesting to see how some of the more complex functionality has been implemented in elisp.

Best,
Patrick