[Emacspeak] Re: finer control of auditory icons

> it makes no sense to mix old and new flavors of advice in a single codebase.

I'd consider one's personal config a separate codebase, but OK. I also only started advicing functions since the new API, and I presume new Emacs packages would (hopefully) use the new API. I am not an "Emacs veteran" so to speak.

> in emacspeak-56, I replaced the 2014 version of ems-interactive-p

I looked over `ems--generate-interactive-check` and things make more sense now.

> The convert HTML email to markdown is senseless

I would prefer a less sharp tone, please.

I forgot to mention using something like Mozilla's Readability library first to remove most of the "junk." It was an idea, something to look into..

> shr is a good HTML renderer

That I concur with. The HTML I get is rendered out visually relatively reasonably, considering most of these aren't very spec-compliant anyways. As for Emacspeak, I realized that, for whatever bizarre reason, most of the text it's trying to speak does not actually get spoken. I had to switch the speech server from espeak to one that logged. Using 55.0 it read HTML rather well, though, after I saved the HTML MIME part and opened it in EWW..

~ Hendursaga