[Emacspeak] Multilingual Speech Support

Dear Emacspeakers,

I'm aware of multispeech[1], which uses language detection to switch languages / voices, but I haven't tested it just yet. I'm wondering, should I desire to NOT use multispeech, for whatever reason, where I should hook / advice into so that dtk-set-language is called whenever whatever is being spoken is a different language. I'm thinking of some buffer-local variable that I could, say, manually set that that hook could read.

Any ideas?

~ Hendursaga

[1] https://github.com/poretsky/multispeech