[Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak error in evil-mode

Let's continue to beat on it.

evil-mode is complex in its implementation and as you discovered, the
multiple macros make it hard to understand.

Couple of things:

1. If you get a chance:

   A. Test current evil-mode with emacspeak 55.
      B. Test with emacspeak from  git but say from early March -- to
         ensure that the change in ems-interactive-p isn't the one
         causing the breakage
         C. I didn't see anything obvious on the emacspeak side that
            could be causing this breakage but I did spot a few
            wierdnesses
D. I updated the  advice on evil char motion to use preceeding-char
   and following-char and that made the bug symmetric -- both forward
   and backward motion now speaks the char 4 times -- that tells us
   that something weird is happening under the covers.
   E. Separately -- I noticed that the advice on word motion was
      duplicated -- that bug has been there a long time I think; but
      strangely, eliminating the duplicate caused word motion to stop
      speaking --- look for the cl-loop where word motion for evil is
      adviced.

     =20
           =20
--=20

Thanks,

=E2=99=89 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  =F0=9F=A6=AE

--

Thanks,

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮