[Emacspeak] Deleting text

Hey guys,

It is so great to have emacspeak running again. Anyway, running the latest version I cannot seem to delete a marked block of text. I can kill it to the kill ring, but sometimes I would like to just be able to delete it and not send it to the kill ring. The backspace nor delete button works. After marking a block of text hitting backspace just deletes the character. Is this normal default behavior?

Thanks,

Jeff