[Emacspeak] Re: How do I disable voice-lock mode in all local buffers

This is almost but not quite the right solution.

See function emacspeak-setup-programming-mode which configures Emacspeak
for  how I expect programming modes to behave -- that function is placed
on prog-mode-hook.

So if you want different behavior:

A: You want none of it -- then remove the afore-mentioned function from
prog-mode hook

B. You want to disable some of it --- then  add your customizations to
   the end of prog-mode-hook

   And I recommend not using an earlier mentioned hack by someone here
   re setting the caps-prefix to the empty string; you'll forget you did
   that and almost certainly hit issues when you do want to hear capps
   announcement while programming.

   Aside: it's my personal view that html-mode  and nxml-mode should
   inherit from text-mode, rather than prog-mode, but that debate
   happened a while ago on the emacs-devel list and nothing changed.

--

Thanks,

♈ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮