[Emacspeak] Re: How do I disable voice-lock mode in all local buffers

Ishe Chinyoka via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:

> So which setting can I use to disable voice-lock whether globally or
> locally?

I disabled it using mode hooks.  Here's the relevant chunk of my emacs
config.  This also disables the caps handling, which isn't usually what
I want with espeak.

---begin elisp---
(global-voice-lock-mode -1)

(defun cmb-disable-emacspeak-stuff ()
  (unless noninteractive
    (and dtk-caps (dtk-toggle-caps))
    (voice-lock-mode -1)
    (global-voice-lock-mode -1)))
(add-hook 'after-change-major-mode-hook 'cmb-disable-emacspeak-stuff 100)
(add-hook 'prog-mode-hook 'cmb-disable-emacspeak-stuff 100)
---end elisp---

Hope it helps,
--
Chris Brannon