[Emacspeak] Re: Introduction & Voice Configuration Questions

John Covici via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:

> hmmm, I am not sure which set of voices I have, its something like
> voxin3.3  or something like that, but it does have voxin-say and it
> works perfectly and  the language says
> tom-embedded-compact,en,US
> and maybe this is why emacspeak does not work?

The new voxin vocalizer voices do not work with Emacspeak. For now, you
can only use the IBM ViaVoice (outloud) voice/synthesizer with
Emacspeak. From the languages you listed, it looks like you only
purchased a vocalizer voice and don't have the IBM voice installed,
which is why it doesn't work with Emacspeak.

Note that the voxin version which includes vocalizer voices is still
beta. I believe support for Emacspeak with the vocalizer voices is on
the todo list, but has not yet got there.

You can install multiple voxin voices. I have the IBM ViaVoice UK
language and 3 different vocalizer languages installed. With
speech-dispatcher and Orca, I can use any of the languages. With
Emacspeak, only the IBM ViaVoice UK english language is available.