[Emacspeak] Re: running remote shells

I just use Tramp, and shell. For speaking output, I don't rely on that. I just do C-c C-p to go to previous prompt, and read down from there.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 6:51 PM prayner--- via Emacspeak <emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What do people usually use for executing a shell on a remote machine
these days? My usual setup is to edit files with tramp and ssh to run
a remote shell. I have been using an ssh mode from Noah Friedman for
many years but under emacs 27.1 it no longer seems to be automatically
speaking output. I note there are a few ssh packages in the package
archives and eshell as well. Before I start experimenting with these I
am curious to know what others use.
thanks in advance
Peter

--
Peter Rayner (he/him), Level 1, Building 200, University of Melbourne
Academic Lead - Climate & Energy College <https://www.climatecollege.unimelb.edu.au>