[Emacspeak] www.emacspeak.org and mail.emacspeak.org access from older systems

Hi Folks,

I received a note from Let's Encrypt today. They issue the certificates we use for emacspeak.org.  On September 30th 2021 people using older browsers or some older hardware have a problem with trusting their certifications.  That in turn would lead to not trusting web pages at www.emacspeak.org and mail.emacspeak.org.  It will affect anyone using OpenSSL 1.0.x or older.  I did a quick check and both eww and w3m have been built using OpenSSL 1.1.1 by default since at least 2018. So hopefully no one browsing from emacspeak will encounter any problems access the site.  They have a "known incompatible" list of hardware and OS's which I have included at the end of this message.

Again, not likely to be an issue, but I wanted to let you know with time to upgrade or rebuild if needed. I will send out a reminder about this in September.

Full details are available at:https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/

Known Incompatible list from https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/

Blackberry < v10.3.3
Android < v2.3.6
Nintendo 3DS
Windows XP prior to SP3
cannot handle SHA-2 signed certificates
Java 7 < 7u111
Java 8 < 8u101
Windows Live Mail (2012 mail client, not webmail)
cannot handle certificates without a CRL
PS3 game console
PS4 game console with firmware < 5.00

-Greg