[Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak announces capitalization even though dtk-caps is disabled

Hey Raman.

I'm analysing the diff. Unfortunately, I haven't upgraded Emacspeak in a long time, so it's reasonably big. I noticed a couple of changes in lisp/dtk-speak.el. Also, I realized that by changing the flag dtk-split-caps to nil, this behavior doesn't happen. The only relevant change regarding this var seems to be the following:

+(defsubst dtk-interp-sync ()
+  (cl-declare (special dtk-speaker-process
+                       dtk-punctuation-mode dtk-speech-rate dtk-split-caps))
+  (process-send-string
+   dtk-speaker-process
+   (format "tts_sync_state %s %s %s\n"
+           dtk-punctuation-mode
+           (if dtk-split-caps 1 0)
+           dtk-speech-rate)))

Does that make sense to you somehow?

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 3:11 PM T.V Raman <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alan Ghelardi via Emacspeak <emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Likely a bug in the espeak server, please do a diff to chase down what
change caused it. Note: it could also be a change in espeak itself.