[Emacspeak] Re: Introducing myself and a request

John Covici via Emacspeak <emacspeak(a)emacspeak.org> writes:

> I wonder if you could get emacs to use speech dispatcher, that would
> solve the problems.  What is wslg?

You could probably knock up a basic speech dispatcher client fairly
easily. Adding/mapping for different voices etc might be a little harder
and of course, we don't know what performance would be like, but it
might be a useful little project. It should be possible to access the SD
API from tcl, which means all you really need to do is add a mapping
from Emacspeak commands to speech-dispatcher API equivalents. All the
rest of the work is already done.

The speechd.el package uses speech dispatcher and while speechd.el is
not as 'rich' with respect to 'formatting' of speech, it uses similar
principals, so all indications are that Emacspeak could also use speech
dispatcher. .