[Emacspeak] Re: Introducing myself and a request

Cisco Tissera <audiogamer2004(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I came to the point where I cloned emacspeak from github as you recommended, and I ran
> make
> to make the espeak engine in the directory you gave me.
> Now the problem arises when I get to the tcl prompt.
> When I type
> q {Hello World}
> and
> nothing happens, as in espeak doesn't work.
> When I run ./espeak in the servers directory though espeak works just fine, because it announces the version, 1.50, i believe, i am going on
> memory.
> Problems start when I get to the tcl prompt, which is a %.
> Best regards.

I may not have been clear enough. When you run espeak inside the server
directory, it will leave you with a tcl prompt - it is here you need to
enter the q {Hello world} <enter> d <enter> to here it speak Hello
World. You then hit Control-d to exit. The espeak command in the server
directory is actually a Tcl script with bindings for the espeak server.
Emacspeak will run this server and send commands to it to generate the
speech.

If you have setup the init.el file, I would just try starting emacs and
see if it works.

Note that when you reply to messages on the Emacspeak list, it will send
the response to the sender. You need to either do reply all or reply to
list (depending on your mail client) to have your message sent to the
list as well.