Installation issue.

Greetings,

I am trying to install Emacspeak-51 on ubuntu-18.04. I am using git,
and I followed the succinct instructions given in T.V. Raman's 2015
blog post announcing his switch to github. Unfortunately, emacspeak
does not sound when I issue emacs from the command line. Though it was
not specified in those instructions, I put the line

(load-file "/home/hwaen/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el")

at the top of my .emacs file, as instructed in the terminal output
after executing "make -j". I typed make in the native-espeak server
directory, and there did not seem to be any errors. Doing the same in
the linux-outloud directory showed some warnings, but it still seemed
to compile. Any thoughts on what I should do next or how better to
diagnose my situation?

Thank you so much.

Hwaen Ch'uqi

|All Past Years |Current Year|