Note for Mac users upgrading to Emacs 26.3

Hi all. I’m not a very technical user, as I’ve said before, so y’all might not have this issue. For those who do, though, here it is:
You get really excited about updating to Emacs 26.3, but then find that Emacs doesn’t start all the way, saying something about an eager macro, and the function “T” being void. You run emacs —debug-init, to find that Emacspeak is looking for pulseaudio stuff.

Solution:
Brew install pulseaudio
You don’t have to start the pulse audio service, just having the programs That comes with it seems to be enough.

So, hopefully this will help some one, eventually, or me later on if I have to install MacOS or Emacs.

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|