Unicode zero width space - how to ignore

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and what they did.

Reading a web page with eww. I get lots of "zero width space" spoken I'm guessing the page has unicode zero width space characters. From a speech perspective, my guess is we don't care about such charcters and they should be filtered/ignored. Wondering what the best way to achive this is.

Also, looked at dtk-unicode-character-replacement-alist and noticed an odd looking entry. In this list, all values except one are a normal 'dotted pair' , except one entry, which is just the text "thin space", which doesn't look right for an alist element. Guessing this may be a minor bug?

I also notice the setting for dtk-unicode-untouched-charsets indicates it has been changed outside of custom. I've not modified itm so this must be . a change done in the emacspeak sources. Not an issue, but thought I'd mention it in case it should be modified in the definition to be consistent.

--
regards,

Tim

--