Re: Tip for OSX/MacOS users

Thanks Tim. I've been happily running Emacs+emacspeak on my Mac for a year or so now, so this will be useful.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 14, 2019, at 10:11 PM, Tim Cross <theophilusx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

for those of you running Emacs and Emacspeak on a Mac, you might find this link useful. It provides a easy way to setup your system so that the built in 'open' command will use emacsclient to open files.

I have had the 'traditional' 'editor' and 'visual' environment variables setup and that works for things which use that information to determine what editor to use. However, for things which use the 'open' command (such as Finder), you need something like what is described in the URL below

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and find it very useful. I'm running the binary Emacs 25 homebrew package.
--
regards,

Tim

--