Bug In emacspeak-speak-line

Hi,
I have been facing a bug that was appearing once in a while. Today, when another friend noticed it, I got to figure out the exact steps to reproduce, and I debugged the code.
In line 958 of `emacspeak-speak.el`, I see:
(when (get-char-property start 'auditory-icon)
      (emacspeak-auditory-icon (get-char-property (point) 'auditory-icon)))
Notice that the code is checking if "start" (which is the beginning of current line) has an auditory icon property, but then playing the auditory icon of "point". This means that if you are on a column in a line that doesn't have an auditory icon, but the beginning of the line has an auditory icon, you get an error message saying:
Icon nil is not defined.
I'm not submitting a patch for this because I'm not understanding the intent of the code. I'm not sure if the intended behavior is to really check the start of the line but play the auditory icon if it's not nil, or something similar.
Thanks!

|May 1995 - Last Year |Current Year|